Friday, November 19, 2010

A Long Way Gone


Here are quotes from The Message By Grand Master Flash, that relate to the book A Long Way Gone.
"I feel like a outlaw, broke my last glass jaw
Hear them say: “You want some more?" livin' on a seesaw"
The quote, the part where it say's "livin on a seesaw" is reminding me of the boy in a long way gone because he lives where he can he is alone and pretty much going where he can for a liveable environment away from the terroists. Looking for places to sleep, Living anywhere safe.

"God is smiling on you but he's frowning too
Because only God knows what you’ll go through"
-This quote reminds me of the book because I didn't even know this country existed and didn't know this stuff was happening. And this guy's saying God knows, but God knows everything if he's real and not everyone knows about what is happening over in Sierra Leone.

No comments:

Post a Comment